PTE (Pearson Test Of English) is the most taken exam by the students to fulfill their English language requirement.
The PTE exam is accepted by more than 3000+ institutes worldwide. So because of that this is one of the best English language proficiency tests.
So for students it is necessary to know how to book PTE exam, which we will discuss in this blog.
But before you learn about the booking PTE exam, let’s discuss what PTE is.
What Is PTE?
PTE is the exam that is taken by students to prove their English language proficiency. This exam is conducted by the Pearson PLC Group.
Pearson PLC Group conducts all three formats of PTE exam that are PTE Academic, PTE Academic home and PTE UKVI.
It is a computer-based test and there is a total three sections in this exam:
- Speaking & Writing
Now that you know about the PTE exam let’s learn about how to book PTE exam.
Because booking the PTE is as important for students as taking the test. If you do not fill the exam properly you may not be permitted to sit in the exam.
How To Book PTE Exam
Booking for the PTE exam is a very simple task if you have proper guidance, so here we will provide every basic detail you must know before booking your exam.
Before booking the PTE exam you must know one thing that you must book for the exam and pay the registration fee at least 24 hours in advance.
There are 7 simple steps to book the PTE exam. To book the PTE exam you must follow the step-by-step guide given below.
- The first and most important step on how to book PTE exam is visiting the official website for the PTE exam.
- The second step is to check the availability for the test, this will be helpful for you to find the next available date for the exam.
- In the next step just click on the “Book The Test” button. You can see that on the top left corner of the official website of the PTE exam. This button you will find on the homepage of the PTE official website for the PTE exam.
- After clicking on the “Book The Test” button you have to select the test center where you want to take the test. It is advised to you that you should select the closest place to you to avoid a lot of traveling. After selecting the location just click on the next button.
- The next and one of the most important steps on how to book PTE exam is to select the time and date for the exam. After selecting the date and the time you will be asked to sign in or create your myPTE account.
- The second last step is to complete your profile. You must fill in all your personal details to complete your profile. It is advised to you that you must read the ID policies of PTE officials, you will find out what kind of IDs are allowed for you to carry to the examination center.
- The final step is to review your details you filled in before submitting the order. Once you are done with the reviewing, make the payment for the exam and start preparing for the exam.
Your appointment details will be collected and shown on the myPTE dashboard. Also, you’ll get an email as confirmation of your booking PTE exam.
We wish you Good Luck for your exam. And we hope you clear your PTE exam on your first attempt.
How To Book PTE Exam: Registration Fee & Payment Methods
Now that you know about booking the PTE exam it is important to know about the registration fee and methods you can use to pay for the PTE exam.
Including all the taxes, the registration fee for the PTE exam is 14,700 INR.
There are some payment policies you must know before paying for the exam:
- It is important to pay for the full payment before taking the exam. You won’t be able to sit the exam without paying the full fee. The payment is accepted by the PTE in Indian currency.
- You can pay your fee for the exam registration by using both debit (Visa and Master) or credit (Visa, Master, Amex or JCB) cards.
- In India PTE even accepts the prepaid vouchers for the test booking. You can not use these vouchers to pay for the rescheduling fee for the PTE exam.
Rescheduling The PTE Test
Once you know how to book PTE exam and the registration fee and payment methods you must also learn about rescheduling the PTE test.
- If you reschedule the PTE exam at least 14 days before your test date it is free of cost.
- If you reschedule your PTE exam between 8th to 13th days before the exam, you must pay a 50% fee for the PTE exam.
- You must pay 100% of the fee before you reschedule your PTE exam 7 days before the exam.
In this blog, we have discussed how to book PTE exam. We have explained about the PTE exam.
After that we talked about the 7 simple steps to book the PTE exam. We have provided a simple guide to help you.
Moreover, we provided details about the registration fee and methods for paying the PTE exam registration fee.
In the end we have given the details about rescheduling the PTE exam.
We hope we have cleared all your queries about how to book PTE exam. For more content like this, keep visiting the Free Course Tutorial.
How much does PTE exam cost?
The total registration fee for the PTE exam is 14,700. 12,457.63 INR is exam fee and 2,242.37 is the tax charges.
Is PTE easier or IELTS?
The answer to this question varies from person to person, as both exams test your English language proficiency in four modules, i.e reading, writing, listening, and speaking. So for some people IELTS is simple and for others PTE is simpler.